Asociace korozních inženýrů, z.s. / Association of Czech and Slovak Corrosion Engineers (AKI) is a non-profit organisation established by corrosion protection and surface treatment experts in 1990. Members of AKI are companies, researchers, corrosion engineers, corrosion protection practitioners and further persons active or interested in the field of corrosion protection in the Czech Republic and in Slovakia.
Based on several studies, economic losses caused by corrosion are estimated to 3–5 % of gross domestic product (GDP) in developed countries. For the Czech Republic, the losses can be expected to be close to 200 billion CZK each year, which equals to 20 thousand CZK per capita and year. For comparison, direct damages due to fires and public prevention costs were around 220 and 810 CZK a year from 2006 to 2010, respectively, i.e. 20 times less. Most part of corrosion losses is hidden in costs of commonplace products we use on daily basis such as electric power, cars, roofing materials, electronic devices or food. Corrosion losses include costs of replacement of damaged devices, products or constructions, backup solutions, corrosion additions, systems of corrosion protection, loss of productivity, environmental and health damages and others.
AKI aims to help decreasing corrosion losses by providing information and educating students, practitioners and public, as well as by improving general awareness of the importance of corrosion protection.
AKI is active in the following areas:
- Promotion of corrosion research and protection with the goal to increase the interest of students, practitioners and public in this field.
- Sharing of information and publication activities. AKI organizes the annual conference Corrosion and corrosion protection and publishes the journal Material corrosion and protection (Koroze a ochrana materiálu). In 2017, AKI organized the largest European corrosion congress, EUROCORR. There were 1530 participants from all over the world coming to Prague and sharing their knowledge. AKI also participates in preparation of information materials. In AKI Bulletin, we publish corrosion news, invitations to relevant conferences and further useful information.
- Education. AKI organizes 120-hour course Corrosion Engineer for experts from industry each year and shorter seminars and training courses on specific subjects.
- Consultation and expert services.We help companies and people looking for corrosion expertise to find relevant counterparts. Feel free to contact us regarding whatever corrosion problem.
- Collaboration with international corrosion organisations. AKI is a member of the European Federation of Corrosion (EFC), World Corrosion Organization (WCO) and nominates representatives to the International Corrosion Council (ICC).
AKI is steered by the Board of Administrators elected for four years by the General Assembly. The Board of Administrators for 2016–2019 has the following members:
|President||Tomáš Prošek (Technopark Kralupy)|
|First vice-president||Petr Szelag (Pragochema)|
|Second vice-president||Milan Kouřil (VŠCHT Praha)|
|Members||Jan Chott (soukromý znalec)|
Kateřina Kreislová (SVÚOM)
Jakub Mlnařík (SVÚM)
Pavel Novák (VŠCHT Praha)
Vladimír Písařík (ČEZ)
Petr Strzyž (AČSZ)
Václav Šefl (Technopark Kralupy)
Pavel Taraba (MERO)
Matilda Zemanová (STU v Bratislavě)
Martin Zmrzlý (TDK Electronics)
Conformity with the AKI statutes is verified by the Supervisory Commission elected by the General Assembly as well. It is composed of Ondřej Chocholatý, Jan Stoulil and Jaroslav Fojt.
Editor-in-chief of the journal Material corrosion and protection (Koroze a ochrana materiálu) is Jan Stoulil. Editor-in-chief of Bulletin AKI is Šárka Msallamová.
Secretary of AKI is Iva Pospíšilová.
|2020 Tisková zpráva Cena Milana Pražáka pro Vladimíra Kučeru.pdf||410 kB|
|2020 Tisková zpráva Cena za inovativní počin v oblasti protikorozní ochrany pro FK System.pdf||820 kB|
|2020 Tisková zpráva Cena za nejlepší závěrečnou práci pro Václava Kytku.pdf||150 kB|
|AKI Cena za inovativní počin v oblasti protikorozní ochrany.pdf||480 kB|
|AKI Stanovy.pdf||2.9 MB|
|Bohackova_ AKI_poster.pdf||2.1 MB|
|Sympozium Paint 2020.pdf||780 kB|
|aki cena milana pražáka.pdf||250 kB|
|aki cena za nejlepší závěrečnou práci.pdf||360 kB|
|program aki 2020_virtual_141020.pdf||510 kB|